Grade 4 Patterning & Algebra Practice on the computer:
18.104.22.168 demonstrate an understanding of equality between pairs of expressions, using addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
The following activities have corresponding websites for practice below.
Please start with #1. (you just have to place your cursor over the number and double click to open the link in a new window).
You will answer the questions and submit them on the computer. If you get a wrong answer, the website will explain how you can fix it – this is where you will use your math journal.
Task: Use your math journals to share an example of a question you struggled with. Explain in at least 3 sentences, what you would do differently next time. Be prepared to discuss in our Talking/Knowledge Building Circles!
- Addition: fill in the missing digits (Grade 4 – B.3) http://ca.ixl.com/math/grade-4/addition-fill-in-the-missing-digits
- Properties of addition (Grade 4 – B.4)
- Addition patterns over increasing place values (Grade 4 – B.6)
- Choose numbers with a particular sum (Grade 4 – B.7)
- Subtraction: fill in the missing digits (Grade 4 – C.3)
- Subtraction patterns over increasing place values (Grade 4 – C.4)
- Choose numbers with a particular difference (Grade 4 – C.5)
- Properties of multiplication (Grade 4 – D.7)
- Choose numbers with a particular product (Grade 4 – D.13)
Feel free to use these site at home any time to practice your Patterning & Algebra!